What is SABnzbd+?
SABnzbd+ is a multi-platform binary newsgroup downloader written in Python language. The program works in the background and simplifies the downloading, verifying and extracting of files from Usenet. SABnzbd+ does not search for files, instead NZB files (similar to .torrent files, but for Usenet) are fed to SABnzbd+ from sites like newzbin.com, binsearch.info and tvnzb.com. Access to SABnzbd+ is done through a web interface, meaning you can easily check and add files from other PC's around the world or on other devices such as the iPhone.
Prior to installing SABnzbd+ we first need to install Python. QNAP has prepared a standalone Python runtime as another QPKG software package because there might be other apps need to be run on Python as well in the future.
- Install Python 2.7 via QPKG
- Install SABnzbd+ via QPKG
- Start the configuration wizard at http://NAS:8800/, connect with admin/admin
- The final step "Restarting SABnzbd..." may be long, be patient
Adding NZB files to SABnzbd+
- Save NZB files into \\NAS\Qdownload\sabnzbd
- When the download is complete, it's available in \\NAS\Qdownload\sabnzbd\complete
- Or use the web interface at http://NAS:8800/