Q-Sims - Add Music and Movies
by AdNovea - May 2009
The prerequisites to enable Video & Sound are:
- The media or streaming contents must be accessible from the Internet.
- QuickTime shall be installed on the client machine running the viewer.
- Only QuickTime 7 Audio/Video Formats are supported.
- The streaming content are fed directly to Quicktime from your viewer.
Add background Music
To add background music (MP3, MP3 or OGG) on on parcel, right-click the parcel and select About land....
Under the Media tab, fill in the Music URL e.g.:
- http:/ /<my_domain>/qsmanager/audio/music.mp3.
This enable you to play only one track and the background music will end with the track.
- Alternative solution is to "stream" a playlist (iTunes, WinAmp, etc.) but you need to have a audio streamer to run somewhere.
- Movies file names are case-sensitive.
- Only one movie per region can be setup (cannot create movie playlist)
- You can create a file (e.g. movie.qtl) such as:<?xml version="1.0"?> <?quicktime type="application/x-quicktime-media-link"?> <embed moviename="Movie title" src="http://your_domain.com/qsmanager/media/video/movies.mp4" />
- In the toolbar click World/About land then the Media tab.
- Set Movie type to Movie, and click Set. Type the URL to the here above movie.qtl file or directly to your video (http://your_domain.com/qsmanager/media/video/movies.mp4)
- Create a flat prim (movie screen) that will display the media.
- Select the prim face for the screen and place the "Default Media texture" on it. Any prims with this texture will display the video in the current region
- Click the prim Content tab and create a New script.
- Drop the Freeview script into the new script (available here).
Multiple Audio & Video
In order to have multiple audio or video screens, you need to:
 Check in View menu, the Property Lines to easily identify each parcel
- split your region into parcels  (Right click / Edit terrain /Subdivide)
- setup the audio and/or video link accordingly
- Assign a different texture for each video in both the screen and the parcel (About land / Media)
- If you have Voice Chat enabled on the region, check the setting for the new created parcels too.
Avatar can view only one video at a time and the displayed video corresponds to the video of the region/parcel where the avatar is located (may be different from what you are expecting if you have move the camera far away from your avatar).
- Video will automatically starts when you avatar enter the parcels/regions with videos if you have checked Automatically play media in the Preferences / Audio & Video.
More information about Movies can be found here