This page will detail how to run a full test of the NAS memory using the Memtest86+ utility.
This procedure only applies to NAS models with Intel and AMD CPU.
Memory Test SOP for x86-based NAS
Applied QNAP NAS models
NAS models with Intel and AMD CPU
Instructions for Performing the Memory Test
A. How to create a Memtest USB boot disk.
- Go to http://www.memtest.org/#downiso and download the latest "Auto-installer for USB Key" file.
- Extract the zip file to the folder you downloaded it to.
- Plug a USB flash drive to your PC and run the Memtest Auto-Installer file extracted from the step above to create a bootable USB
B. How to use the Memtest USB boot disk to test the NAS memory
1. Power off the NAS.
3. Connect the NAS with a VGA/HDMI monitor, USB keyboard, and the bootable USB disk.
4. Power on the NAS and press the <DEL> key to enter BIOS setup.
5. Press the right arrow key to navigate to the Boot settings screen and configurechange the boot order.
[NOTE]: If there are two USB devices, don't select “USB DISK MODULE PMAP”.
7. Press the right arrow key to navigate to Save and Exit to save configuration and exit.