Difference between revisions of "Q-Sims - Admin Server Administration"
m (1 revision imported)
|Line 130:||Line 130:|
Latest revision as of 08:42, 27 October 2015
There are many way to stop Q-Sims (mainly OpenSim and the UGAIM servers):
The clean way
- Open each server console and issue a Quit command.
In order to do so you have to:
- type in screen -list to get the list of detached consoles
- select a console and open it with the screen -r xxxx.yyyyyyy command
- issue a quit command at the console prompt
The ease way
To stop Q-Sims you have to:
- to stop the OpenSim server send a shutdown command from the remote admin console (select "Shutdown the simulator" in the drop list)
- to stop the UGAIM server (in Grid mode) from the QNAP QPKG administration page click Disable
The dirty way
Very close to a system crash, the Q-Sims application can be stopped by click a click on the Disable button on the QNAP QPKG administration page.
Before, please check:
- There is no user connected
- All the current operations in the queue are performed
Thanks to XML_RPC there is a capability to remotely access the OpenSim simulator.
NOTE: Port 20800, unless set differently, shall be forwarded.
We have implemented a console with a drop list of the commands available. When a command is selected, the input line is prefilled with the argument to fill in. When there are alternative arguments, they appear between parentheses. Only keep in the command line the arguments to sent.
Commands Description Arguments Passed admin_broadcast Send a general alert message OK admin_create_region Create a new region region_name, region_master_first, region_master_last, region_master_password, listen_ip, external_address NO admin_delete_region Delete a region region_name NO admin_region_query Query the 'health' of a region region_uuid (or region_name) FAILED no return admin_load_heightmap Load Height Map filename, regionid NO admin_create_user Create a new user user_firstname, user_lastname, user_password, start_region_x, start_region_y NO admin_exists_user Check whether a certain user account exists user_firstname, user_lastname YES but no return admin_update_user Update the password/home of a user account user_firstname, user_lastname, user_password, start_region_x, start_region_y FAILED need int for region admin_load_xml Execute the Load XML command filename, region_uuid (or region_name) NO admin_save_xml Execute the Save XML command filename, region_uuid (or region_nam=) NO admin_load_oar Load a saved OAR file into a region filename, region_uuid (or region_name) NO admin_restart Restart Region regionid NO admin_shutdown Shut down the simulator none OK
From the QS-Manager Administration , you have access to the following log files:
- OpenSim server log
- User server log (grid mode only)
- Grid server log (grid mode only)
- Asset server log (grid mode only)
- Inventory server log (grid mode only)
- Messaging server log (grid mode only)
- Watch dog log