THIS WIKI IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
STEP BY STEP “WEB-CALENDAR” CONFIGURATION
By AdNovea – Apr 2009 – WebCalendar v1.2.1
WebCalendar is a web-based calendar application provided by :k5n under GPL license.
More information about k5n software and WebCalendar features can be found in the k5n website.
XDove WebCalendar Post-installation
Once the QPKG has been installed, there are already some configuration performed to setup the WebCalendar application. After activation of XDove (and especially Dovecot), you will be able to login to the WebCalendar.
- During the XDove installation, there is an administrator account using postmaster@<your_domain> that is created using the password set for PHPXmail (by default password).
You may want to start using this account.
Final installation steps
The login password for the installation is the PHPXmail password.
- After your first login, you will be redirected to the installation page to complete the setting.
A pop-up will tell you if your password is valid.
- Once the login has been typed, press NEXT to move on the next installation page.
Green information tell you that the configuration is correct. Then press NEXT.
- On the next page click the "Test parameters" button.
- There is a test to upgrade the database, while this upgrade has already been performed, it is necessary to press the "Upgrade database" button to carry on with the installation. Then press NEXT.
We have already created an admin account using the postmaster@<your_domain> and the PHPXmail password. There is no need to create an additional admin account because you may not be able to login in with as long as IMAP authentication is used.
- Last installation page, prompt you to create an admin account.
- Your URL shall be correct unless you want to be able to log from a different URL.
- Leave the Read-only set to No
- Leave (or select) the authentication to IMAP to enable any XMail users to log and create a calendar.
- Click the SAVE button and connect to WebCalendar.
The installation is completed.
Notes & Support
We have chosen to include the very latest WebCalendar 1.2.1 released under SVN only.
The reason was to get benefit of some late bug fixes. There is a WebCalendar forum under SourceForge that reports the current bugs.
For more information about the usage and the configuration of the WebCalendar, visit the k5n website.
You will also find there any relevant informations regarding the bugs, features development and releases.